No access to lessons ....
"I recently received the 200 Words a Day! Super Bundle CDs, but have not been able to access lessons (the ones that have the graphics). I can open everything else such as the PDF portions of the CDs."
In addition to the 200 Words a Day! courses our recent Super Bundles include the Foreign Service Institute (FSI) courses for Spanish (1 disc), German (1 disc) and French (2 discs).
The 200 Words a Day! disc needs to be loaded first and then run - ie. log on by entering a user name - then exit again.
Only then should the FSI discs be loaded. In the case of French, there is no further need to log on in between the two FSI discs.
By not logging on before loading the FSI disc aspects of the 200 Words a Day! programme will be overwritten.
If all three CD's are installed without "running the program" in between the 3 CD's, there are two ways to fix it:
Slow but easy
1) You can completely start again and uninstall the programme:
Go to START Menu / Program Files / Exceltra / "Language" / Uninstall.
Uninstalling is not necessary but will prevent warning messages.
2) Re-install 200 Words a Day! 1 & 2 CD (ignore warning already installed)
3) Run the 200 Words a Day Program from the Start Menu or Desktop Icon
4) Re-install the FSI Disc 1 (and 2 in the case of French) (ignore warning already installed)
5) Ready to use!
Quicker but more Difficult
1) Insert 200 Words a Day! French 1+2 CD into Drive and hold down the Shift Key when closing the CD Drive ... this stops it from loading
2) Open My Computer on the Start Menu
3) Right click the CD Drive Icon and select Explore
4) Double Click the folder MDB right click the file Exceltra French and select Copy
5) Now Navigate on your C: Local Drive to ... C:Program FilesExceltraFrenchMDB
6) Right click "white space" and Select Paste
7) Run the 200 Words a Day Program from the Start Menu or Desktop Icon
8) Open My Computer on the Start Menu
9) Right click the CD Drive Icon and select Explore
10) Double Click the folder MDB right click the file Exceltra French and select Copy
11) Now Navigate on your C: Local Drive to ...C:Program FilesExceltraFrenchMDB
12) Right click "white space" and Select Paste
13) Now ready to use
Help within the Course itself...
Remember help is available within your course by right-clicking your mouse
on the screen. If there is a block of text or an icon whose function you wish to know about hover the mouse over the area and right-click. Also there is an icon in the shape of a question-mark that leads to an extensive help menu.Back to Technical Help
200 Words a Day! Technical Help | Learn French | Learn German | Learn Italian | Learn Spanish | Learn Welsh | Contact Us
200 Words a Day Technical Help
Cannot Access Lessons.
Excelerated Language Learning Software - Superlearning French, German, Spanish, Welsh, Italian made easy
Transcity Properties Ltd, trading as 200 Words a Day!. 32 Alverton, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5EF, United Kingdom© 2007-2009