The French for cheat is the regular ER verb tricher. Sounds like "TREESHAY".
To remember this, imagine TRISHA CHEATS at cards.
Related words include: le tricheur, la tricheuse: cheat (noun)
- la triche, la tricherie: an act of cheating (Trisha will remind you of the gender).
- la tricherie: an act of cheating - a bit like treachery
- tricher sur le prix: to overprice, overcharge, 'to rip one off'
- tricher sur la qualité: to cheat on the quality of goods, supply 'dodgy' goods
- tricher à: to cheat at, e.g. a game, cards, test, exam
- tromper: to cheat (someone else), dupe, be unfaithful, mislead
Don't cheat yourself with your language learning! Cartoon Memory Triggers will boost your French learning speed. When you need to remember a word, just think of the pic!
to cheat: tricher
TRISHA CHEATS at cards!
VERB CONJUGATION TABLE tricher
Simple Tenses tricher
Present Présent cheat
Past Imperfect Imparfait cheated
Simple Past Passé Simple cheated
Future Futur will cheat
Conditional Conditionnel would cheat
Subjunctive Subjonctif may cheat
Compound Tenses tricher
Present Perfect Passé Composé have cheated
Past Perfect Plus-que-Parfait had cheated
Future Perfect Futur Antérieur will have
Conditional Perfect Conditionnel Passé would have cheated
✔ Tricher is a regular ER verb conjugated in like 5,000 others. These are the most common verbs in French. ✔
Learn tricher and it will reinforce the pattern for ALL those other ER verbs. ✔
Do these verbs every day for a month and you will have a solid knowledge of the ER verbs' conjugation patterns.
More Verbs like the French verb tricher - French for cheat
Subscribe NOW to the FREE email Learn French Newsletter
Before you go, be sure to SUBSCRIBE NOW to get your FREE email Learn French Newsletter below. Every week you will get a selection of French Learning material and a verb of the week, cartoon Memory Trigger and items of interest to the student of French: