The French verb for tell, relate is the regular ER verb conter.
Also used is the verb: raconter
To remember this imagine: the COUNT Dracula tells a story.
Improve your French vocabulary learning using picture memory triggers this will give you great recall of new French words and concepts!
Read aloud ALL the verb conjugations of conter below, it'll only take you a few minutes -
by ROW and by
... theres more information on this word below the verb table.
to tell: conter
Imagine the COUNT Dracula tells a story..
|VERB CONJUGATION TABLE conter
|Simple Tenses conter
|Compound Tenses conter
will have told
would have told
MORE on the FRENCH VERB conter
le conteur, la conteuse: narrator, story-teller
s'en laisser conter: to be duped, sucked in.
Il vous en conte de belles.
He is deceiving you; He's telling you tall stories; He's yanking your chain; He's deceiving you.
Des contes à dormir debout.
Des histoires à dormir debout.
Old wives tales, tedious, boring tales. Literally 'stories that will put you to sleep standing up'.
HOW TO CONQUER FRENCH VERB CONJUGATION
- The French verb for tell conter is another regular ER verb conjugated using the same pattern of endings as 5,000+ other regular ER verbs.
- Learn to conjugate conter and it will reinforce the pattern for ALL regular ER verbs, these being the most common French verbs.
- Do a series of ER verbs every day for a month and you will have a solid knowledge of the ER verbs' conjugation patterns. Keep doing them with a new one every day from the French Verbs List.
- Repeating these tables aloud 10 times throughout the day will better embed the patterns into your subconscious, and your long term memory.
- Reciting aloud is a great way for you to practice your pronunciation, and helps you to memorize the conjugations.
More Verbs like the French for tell - conter ✔
There are many more French Verb Tables like this one.
YOU can easily add similar daily French verb lessons to YOUR website - free by copying and pasting some code we give you.
You can more easily remember words and verbs like the French for tell conter using the techniques of the world's Memory Masters.
200 Words a Day! Accelerated Language Learning
Learn Spanish |
Learn French |
Learn German |
Learn Italian |
Learn Welsh |
200 Words a Day! Free Daily French Lesson Online - the verb in French for tell conter - fully conjugated.
200 Words a Day! and Exceltra
©Copyright 2004-2023 All Rights Reserved
French Learning Made Fun and Fast with your free newsletter Verb Lesson - conter - the French for tell.