French Proverb learning ...
boost your vocab & language skills.
Learning French proverbs not only gives us an insight in to the minds and the thought processes of a different culture, it is an excellent way to consolidate the learning of vocabulary, as each proverb is a small sentence complete with nouns, verbs, and sometimes adjectives and adverbs.
Lots of different verb tenses are used in proverbs too, so that is great practice for the student of French language.
It is interesting to see how different cultures impart their pearl of wisdom. Some proverbs are just straight translations, but others take a completely different slant on things.
Often when one reads, or hears, a proverb in French one has a little laugh, at being enlightened as to the different twist or angle from which you can view something.
Another beauty of learning the proverbs of a language, is that they are little quips used in actual everyday life and in actual everyday conversation.
A native speaker of a language often just has to say the first chunk of a proverb, and the other participants involved in the conversation will know the rest.
In this case only a laugh, a nod, or some other often non-verbal acknowledgment is all that is needed to let the speaker know that you know what he or she meant.
For example, a native English speaker need only say, "When the cat's away….." and the listener, if a native speaker of English, will instinctively know the rest of the proverb.
Likewise, if a group was talking about little Johnny who has fallen in to bad company, one need only say, "…Birds of a feather…" and the rest of the group will know the proverb's ending.
There is no need to say, "…flock together." There are numerous message encased in that proverb.
The tailend of the proverb need not even be said, and indeed is often left unsaid.
Why it is imperative that you learn French proverbs
….and so it is with French proverbs.
A French speaker will often drop little proverbs and idioms into conversation, so an intermediate learner of French language must start learning French proverbs and idioms.
Not only will you learn the proverbs, and consolidate your learning but you'll be ready for them in conversation and when listening, plus you will be ready for when somebody just says the first part of the proverb, expecting you to know the rest!!
So it is vitally important that you learn French proverbs, because every day speech is littered with proverbs and idioms.
How the 101 French Proverbs Courses work with the 200 Words a Day! Learn French language courses
The 101 French Proverbs Course can be used as a stand-alone programme.
Each proverb begins with the English proverb equivalent, which you will see onscreen in text, and which is voiced in English.
The French equivalent proverb then follows. Again both in French text and with a recording of a native French speaker.
While all this is going on, a picture appears on the screen. This picture is the Memory Trigger picture of one of the main words in the proverb, and it is taken from one of the French vocabulary courses we do.
So if you have done our 200 Words a Day! Learn French Course #1 or Learn French Course #2, you will recognise the picture,and the word.
To remind yourself of this word, and see it print just click anywhere on the picture, and you will see the original word and its word-picture association Memory Trigger.
The proverbs are therefore ideal for the reinforcement of the vocabulary learned in the 200 Words a Day! French Courses #1 and #2, and putting that French vocab into the context of real spoken language.
The 101 French Proverbs Course features are as follows:
- 101 commonly used French Proverbs, used in everyday speech.
- If you have the 200 Words a Day! French Courses #1 or French Course #2, this course just blends in, and allows you to reinforce the previously undertaken learning.
- Also it is great as a stand-alone product to learn your French proverbs.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows PC's - versions Windows 95 onwards, Windows 98, 2000, Windows XP, Windows NT etc.
o six users
each family-member can learn French Proverbs at their own pace. Each individual's progress is individually and privately recorded in their very own unique database. You can hold family competitions to see who is the fastest learner.
o comprehensive self-testing with an optimum revision programme.
Optimal learning involves a smart re-study schedule. The CD-Rom includes these and prompts you to revise and re-test yourself a day after you complete any lesson, then again at the scientifically researched Optimum Revision Times.
o ongoing scoring system
the inbuilt scoring system keeps you constantly updated on your progress with learning.
o Help function is just a click away
just right-click your mouse on the screen at any time you might need assistance. It is easy and convenient.
Our GuaranteeOrder the 101 French Proverbs CD-Rom and you do it totally, 100% at my risk.
Let me take the risk... not you
If you don't like it, regardless of the reason - . . .Your order comes with a 100% 365 day (that is One full Year) Money Back Guarantee, with ZERO RISK for you.
If you are not totally 110% satisfied with the product, just return it back for a full refund of the CD purchase price.
Exceltra - 200 Words a Day!
Two Ways to Place Your Risk-Free Order
- The fastest way to order is with Paypal's Secure Server below using your Credit Card.
- Or send us a check (cheque) to the address below.
Grab your Excelerated 101 French Proverbs CD-Rom using the ORDER FORM BELOW and it will be on its way to you in no time.
|ORDER 200 Words a day! French 2 Combo and receive Excelerated 101 French Proverbs - free!Turboboost your French Proverb Learning!|
|YES, Kevin, I want to speedily learn 101 French Proverbs, each having:|
- access to Unique Memory Triggers© to help you learn French proverbs rapidly.
- Cartoon pictures for every single proverb, is used to reinforce the learning of French vocab.
- Test your knowledge of the French Proverbs at any time.
- Blitz and perfect your Worst Proverbs! The ones on which you score the worst in Tests. The program assesses them at all times - automatically. The ones you get wrong the most often are put in a separate lesson for your easy reference at any time.
- Native French speakers are recorded to give you perfect French pronunciation as your learn, and practise, your French proverbs.
- Bookmark any proverb, to put into your own special lesson. These lessons - self made - can be accessed at any time.
- Easy and fun for six users - each can keep their own private notes and have their own passwords. Fun learning for the whole household.
- All Learning Styles are included for Multi-Modal French learning. Kinaesthetic learning styles, Audio learning styles, and Visual learning.
- Superlearning Music gets your brainwaves effortlessly to the optimum learning state - the 'alpha state'.
- Build your own hand-picked proverb lessons too!
- Easy help on-screen with a right-click of the mouse.
- plus loads more too.
ORDER 200 Words a Day! French Course 2 and receive 101 FRENCH PROVERBS Free!
200 Words a Day! French Course 2 Combo including 101 French Proverbs1,000+ words & e-Flashcardz & Sentences ...... US$67.00 (UK£34.50)
200 Words a Day! 101 French Proverbs
Using the SECURE Payment servers of PAYPAL.
SECURITY NOTICE: Our servers RECORD your computer's unique address, (IP Address), so that fraudulent transactions are immediately traceable. Fraudsters will be prosecuted without exception.
P.S. Remember, the risk is all mine, for 365 days. I will refund the purchase price if it doesn't work for you.
Let me know how you get on, as we always like to receive feedback.
200 Words a Day!
Excelerated Language Learning
Learning French Proverbs and Idioms
Exceltra, Transcity Properties Ltd, trading as 200 Words a Day!
32 Alverton, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, MK14 5EF, United Kingdom.
© 2006-2009 Exceltra's Excelerated 101 French Proverbs